Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Potty Progress

Andrew has been progressing well with the potty. He has been going consistently in the evenings at home and he will got a few times each day on the weekends, but they have not been able to get him to go at daycare. 

At first, I think his teachers were waiting until he was asking to go potty, but I told them he just needs to be asked. One of the downsides of this large daycare is the student teacher ration, 9:1, they don't really have time to sit with each kid on the potty because they have 8 other crazy kids running around.  Well, I tried a new tactic this week... I put Andrew in pull-ups and asked for a daily progress report. It turns out they started sitting him on the potty.  The past couple days when I picked him up, I asked if he went and they would say, "No, but he wasn't upset when sitting on the potty". I am like DUHHH... he isn't upset at home, he isn't afraid of the potty, and he has been going for the past couple months. 

However, when I went to pick him up today I grabbed his daily paper and read he went pee pee on the potty!!!!!  Then I read it out load and everybody in the class, kids and teachers alike, cheered "Yay Andrew"!  He was so excited. We celebrated a few times this evening to hopefully reinforce the progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment